Hi! I'm Nong Lawson. I'm from Chiang Rai in North Thailand, and I offer tailored Thai cookery lessons in your own home.
They can be one-to-ones, or you can invite up to three friends (assuming your cooker has four rings!) and I'll teach you how to cook the most popular Thai dishes authentically.
I am fully vaccinated against Covid-19 and am happy to teach other vaccinated people, with masks and social distancing.
What you need
Each student will need:
- a sharp knife (and I mean really, really sharp!)
- a chopping board, preferably wooden
- a good quality frying pan, or saucepan with a lid, depending on the lesson's core dish
- a sense of adventure and a hearty appetite—or invite a friend round at the end of the lesson to help you eat your masterpiece!
It's also vital that you get freshest, best quality ingredients you can lay your hands on.
What I provide
- Careful, patient and fun demonstrations of how to prepare, cook, taste and serve your food for a fully-authentic Thai experience
- Worksheets for each dish to remind you of the method and suggested variations
- Lists of ingredients in preparation for the next lesson
- A knife-sharpener (I've never yet visited an English kitchen with a truly sharp knife!)
Stuck for a gift idea for Christmas, a birthday, Mothers' Day or St Valentine's Day? Contact me and I'll send you a gift voucher valid for three months that you can put inside a greetings card. Last minute present? No problem: I can email you a voucher to print out.